The Hosa/Denmar group is the largest grower of spray roses in the world and they employ more than 3000 employees in both Colombia and Ecuador. Together they provide a number of very innovative social benefits to their workers including:
- Low interest emergency loans to workers.
- On site doctor providing medical, optical and dental care.
- Adult education and vocational training programs.
- Family and community programs including educational scholarships for workers children, substance abuse programs,family counseling, conflict resolution training and even funeral aid for families.
- Culture and recreation programs that include end of year family celebrations for workers and an intra-company sports Olympic Games each year.
Here is an interesting video visit to the Denmar farm in Ecuador. Thanks to General Manager Xavier Serrano and Ramiro Penaherrera from Flowers for Kids.